Monday, March 17, 2008

~Happy St. Patrick's Day~

Today was our annual bar crawl. Every year on St. Patrick's Day there is a bar crawl for all Paramedics, Fire Fighters, and Law Enforcement personnel. It's put on by a very amazing and lovely woman, Evelyn Wolfe. She is a legend, not only for being an amazing woman in her own right, but also for being the creator and hostess of the annual bar crawl for over 20 years.

It is something that I look forward to every year, and over the years it has become a fun tradition for not only me, but my family and friends as well. This year my husband went along, beginning the day at 7 a.m. meeting a group of my co-workers for breakfast. After that we began drinking at the first bar on the list. The first of a total of 16 bars that were listed in order on the back of our t-shirts we purchased.

Our second stop of the day is the local adult book store. Fun and entertaining to go in there with a large group of intoxicated adults. Shortly after that stop we were joined by my oldest daughter and her boyfriend, along with her best friend Jenni. Also along for the fun was our newest co-worker who I am absolutely crazy about. Her name is Casy and she is an amazing lady.

I had so much fun, like I do every year, and I look forward to doing it again next year.

No comments: